Sunday, May 20, 2012

OLW 88

Heather Telford is now one of the hosts of the One-Layer Wednesday Challenge, and her first challenge is to make a mini-masterpiece.  We are asked to confine our stamping to a 2" x 2" area.  Only the sentiment can be stamped outside of that area.

I made two cards for the challenge, and they most certainly have been inspired by any number of Heather's cards.  For both cards I masked a 2" x 2" area in the upper left corner, heat embossed an image, and sponged.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts delicate leaf clusters, PTI sentiment
Ink: Distress Inks (wild honey, barn door, rusted hinge), Memento red brick
Paper: PTI rustic white




Supplies:
Stamps: Fiskars floral flair
Ink: Memento rosebud, grape jelly, Distress Ink dusty concord
Paper: PTI white


15 comments:

Rosemary said...

both cards are just gorgeous, ann!! i just love the emboss/resist technique! your images just pop!

Heather T said...

I love both of these. I am so glad you were inspired by my cards because you have now inspired me to go and create some more of these with the white images.
They look fabulous.

Rachel Scott said...

Simplicity are much better!

Rachel Scott said...

I love all cards.

lostinpaper said...

That certainly is a hard challenge, but you have totally ROCK'd it!

G Peplow said...

Hi Anne, These are both very beautiful cards, I love the rich colours that you used:0) Have a great week, xxx

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! The stamps are the perfect choices. I love the hint of leaves in the background of the first card! And the colors are so rich!

Jessi Fogan said...

Both these colour combos are fabulous - love the offset sentiment on the first card, too :) Awesome!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards, love the white effect.

Vicky Hayes said...

Both absolutely gorgeous Ann. I adore emboss/resist and love the colours and images you've used here.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are so beautiful Anne. I love the scenes you created with the embossing and sponging. Really fabulous.

Bumblebee said...

Lovely cards, think I need to try this with some heat embossing now!

Susan said...

Ann, I can't say which one I like best...as they are both gorgeous! Brilliant job with the inking!

Michelle said...

Two gorgeous cards, Ann! The rich colours in the small square are perfect!

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and think all your cards are beautiful!!! Congrats!!!