Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Barbles Challenge & Make-it Monday

Barb, from the beautiful blog Kinsale Creations, is hosting an inspiration challenge this month based on this beautiful photograph from her friend's wedding reception.  I was inspired by the black and white damask table runner and the touches of green from the granny smith apples and hydrangeas.  I was inspired to make two cards for her challenge.  Pop over to visit her blog and play along if you get the chance.

 

I used a beautiful ruffled green Offray ribbon and the pleated ribbon technique from PTI's Make-it Monday challenge.  I stamped the bottom of the panel with PTI damask designs and then pleated the ribbon above the stamped section.  The sentiment is Hero Arts and I added a few Recollections gems.



 For the second card, I stamped damask designs on the bottom portion of the card base.  This ribbon is flat in the middle and ruffled on the edges, so I ran it across the card and placed a narrow black ribbon on the flat part.  The sentiment is Hero Arts in a PTI fillable frames stamp and die.

I made both cards into Christmas cards, since that is what I'm working on these days.  I've finished my cards for the year, although I may make a few more for various challenges.  The vast majority are non-traditional colors, which has made my card-making fun and interesting.

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI
Stamps: PTI damask designs, fillable frames, Hero Arts sentiments
Ink: Memories black
Other: Offray ribbon, Recollections gems


17 comments:

Joyce said...

These are both beautiful cards. You did a great job with the challenges.

Suzie said...

These cards are absolutely STUNNING! I was just thinking about how I'm burning out on the traditional Christmas colors while trying to finish my cards...you have inspired me to step outside the box today and for that, I thank you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love lime and black, gorgeous cards and ribbon treatments

Sonia said...

Gorgeous color combo...great card!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful cards, I love these colors too. Nice job with the ribbon, pleating.

missy said...

I love the colors. Beautiful!

Jessi Fogan said...

These are gorgeous! I really love the gorgeous ribbon, and how with the same supplies you made such different creations :)

Julie said...

WOW-great colours and fantastic layout! Stunning card.

Jenny said...

You've captured those vibrant colours and patterns perfectly Ann and I love that you've turned them into Christmas cards too :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love these contemporary-style Christmas cards Ann! The colours are fab!

Anonymous said...

Such striking cards! Love love love this splash of lime green especially with the B&W damask for Xmas cards, Fantastic!!!

Michelle said...

You've knocked my socks off, Ann! These cards are gorgeous!

barb said...

two cards?! two beautiful cards! :) these are so elegant, classy, bright and happy...like the challenge photo! thank you for playing along. i love these so much! xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Ann, these are stunning! I just love the shade of green of that gorgeous ribbon against the damask design. The touch of bling is the perfect finish. Now I am going to have to order that damask set and try that ribbon technique. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent pleating, I love the green ribbon against the black.

Suzanne Russell said...

Perfect pleats! I love the vivid green with black and white! Stunning!

G Peplow said...

Hi there Anne, That is a winner of a colour combination, lime green, black and white! I love the damask stamping and your design is fabulous, both cards are beautiful, Gay xx