Saturday, October 1, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays 22

The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week is to make a CAS card with a ribbon tab or loop. I was inspired by this beautiful ribbon in black, gold, and burgundy that I pulled out of the dollar bin at Michaels.

I stamped the Hero Arts branch and flourish tree in Brilliance pearlescent crimson. I just bought this stamp and I adore it. It is matted on PTI scarlet jewel and adhered to a PTI true black card base. I don't believe I've ever used black as the base for a Christmas card. Then I simply added my ribbon loop.



This card was difficult for me to photograph, probably because of the dark papers. You can't really see the ribbon or the beautiful shimmer of the pearlescent ink, but it is lovely IRL.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you've all had a chance to make a card on this World Cardmaking Day! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts branch and flourish tree
Paper: PTI vintage cream, true black, scarlet jewel
Ink: Brilliance pearlescent crimson

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Wonderful card and image Ann, I love this elegant Christmas card and the black base makes a pleasant change from the usual holiday colours :)
Jenny x

Judy1223 said...

Ann, I love this tree stamp and use it all the time! I love the dark shades and the pretty ribbon loops you've chosen...perfect!

Kim S said...

Simply gorgeous! I ordered the stamp even before I am commenting and intend to CASE as it...black and all. It is so rich and stunning.

Jacynthe said...

Gorgeous!!! So elegant!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree and ribbon! These colors are so rich and elegant for a Christmas card. I believe I'll be CASEing you too.

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Michele Gross said...

The little bit of sparkle from the ribbon is the perfect touch :) Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Marybeth said...

Your card is beautiful, love the tree. Defiantly CAS and very elegant!

Lisa A. said...

Beautiful:)!!!!