Friday, March 18, 2011

CPS Sketch # 209

This week I was introduced to the CPS Sketch Challenges. I typically play along with the Less is More challenge and the One layer Wednesday challenges at Simplicity and Styles Inc., so this is quite different from the clean and simple, often one-layer designs I have posted up to now.

Like most scrapbookers and card-makers, I do love beautiful papers, and I recently picked up a Memory Makers paper pad on clearance called English Garden. The beautiful designs with flowers and fruit remind me so much of my grandmother who passed away a few years ago. I wanted to use the papers for my Mother's Day cards, and decided this week's sketch at CPS would be perfect.

Here is the sketch:


And here are the two cards I made:




I'm really pleased with how these turned out. I don't have any Mother's Day sentiments, so I designed my own on the computer as I do most years. I also made my own frame to print the sentiment on. It seemed too stark and white, so I sponged VersaMagic wheat along the edges. I think it looks better against the slightly aged and old-fashioned appearance of the paper.

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
Paper: PTI white card base, Memory Makers English Garden
Ink: Versamagic wheat for sponging

2 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi there, great card , pretty papers, well done you for making your own mat and sentiment:0) xxx

Jenny said...

Lovely card. I think this is the best way to use busy papers on a card. Thanks for highlighting another challenge too...I'll take a lookie. It's a good way of building up a store of cards isn't it :)