Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring at "Less is More"

The ladies at Less is More challenged us to create a clean and simple spring-themed card for this week's challenge.

For me, tulips are the quintessential spring flower. Right now, even though it was snowing last night, my tulips are pushing through the ground. When they bloom, they will fill my garden with many shades of pink and purple

When I was growing up, though, the tulips in our garden came in two colors - red and yellow. Spring evenings would often find the neighborhood kids gathered in our yard for a game of hide and seek or kick the can, and we would often get 'a talking to' for trampling Mom's tulips!

I've had this Hero Arts tulip stamp for years, and I don't think I've ever made a card with it. I knew I had to go with either red or yellow, so I chose yellow, which I think is a springy sort of color. There is nothing new or fancy about this layout, but it works for me.

I think it is a cheery sort of card, and I will pop it in the mail to my 93 year old grandmother who just had a pacemaker procedure. I'm trying to be better about actually sending cards I make, rather than just popping them in a drawer!



Supplies:
Stamp: Hero Arts
Ink: Stazon
Paper: PTI white and yellow from stash
Prismacolor pencils
Ribbon from stash

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a lovely card Ann, I'm sure it will cheer your Grandmother, and I wish her well after her procedure!
Tulips really are Springtime personified aren't they!
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I'm loving all the tulip cards...definitely "need" to get me a tulip stamp! LOL! So pretty and love the coloring!!

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card, it's sure to cheer your gran up.

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous!!! love it :)

Aileen said...

Love the tulips they are sure to cheer your Grandmother.

Heather T said...

I love the crisp look of yellow, white and black, and that gingham ribbon in particular.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous image, love those tulips.

Mandi said...

Such a perfect Spring card, the gingham ribbon lends iteslf so well to the season adn to your crisp card
Sure your Grandmother will be over the moon

Thanks for playing along
mandi
"Less is More"

Seafield Jo said...

I too love tulips and you have made a beautiful card with yours. I'm sure your grandmother will be delighted. Jo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just gorgeous